| Advocacy Specialist
Delta Center has an opening for a part-time Advocacy Specialist. This is a grant-funded position for two years with potential for additional years if funding is secured. Typical work week is 20 hours per week. Office hours are M-F, 8:30-5:00.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Organizing and supporting Delta Center’s Advocacy Network (comprised of individuals with disabilities)
• Researching, organizing and disseminating various information to advocates, including information on legislative and policy issues
• Assisting advocacy groups in planning and implementing their systems change and policy related advocacy goals
• Communicating with and assisting others in communicating with Legislators
• Attend out of office meetings and travel
Qualified individual must have:
• Bachelor’s Degree (social work; political science; law; or related)
• One year of full-time relevant paid job experience
• Proven results in advocacy/community organizing (please describe in cover letter)
• Familiarity with Microsoft applications and internet based research
• Ability to manage interruptions and multiple priorities
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively by phone and in person
• Transportation with 48 hours notice
For consideration, please provide a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For information about the services provided by Delta Center, please visit our website at www.dcil.org.
Individuals with disabilities and minorities are encouraged to apply. We value
diversity of culture, personal experience with disabilities, and other life
experiences, and are an equal opportunity employer by choice.
| Security Officer
Phone: (314) 644-1974
Office: 1750 South Hanley Road
At Whelan Security, we recognize that our most valuable asset is our highly dedicated team of security professionals. Whelan is seeking talented, assertive, and positive individuals with a strong desire to lead and promote safety for all clients. We currently have many exciting opportunities available in Jonesburg and in the Warren County area, including security positions for office buildings, industrial facilities, special events, and much more.
We are proud to offer the following benefits to our team of security professionals:
Comprehensive Insurance Packages
Paid Vacation and Holidays
Extensive Training & Development Programs
Retirement Savings Plan
Employee Recognition & Incentive Programs
Cash Pay Card/Direct Deposit
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the security industry, we strongly encourage you to take the first step towards becoming a part of the Whelan team! Full-time and part-time positions are available now.
*Applicants must be 21 years old, possess a high school degree/GED, and pass a criminal background check.
Your Company Name