| Case Manager
Delta Center has an opening for a Case Manager located in St. Peters, MO.
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Establishes initial phone contact with consumers, educates them about services, determines their eligibility, and explains process and timeline for accessing services.
2. Works on-on-one with consumers to assist them in providing the necessary documentation to access services.
3. Relay information to appropriate staff members for consumers whose needs cannot be met by one service, but may be met by other services or programs.
4. Work with consumers to set and assist them in completing goals.
5. Document services provided according to policies and procedures; maintain clear, concise and accurate records in CILMgr (data base); keep accurate records of community contacts.
6. Maintain consumer case files in accordance with state and federal standards, funding source requirements, and Center policy.
7. Research and network to locate appropriate resources, update CILMgr accordingly.
8. Assist consumers in exploring community resources and accessing funding to meet needs.
9. Network with other individuals and organizations by telephone and in person outlining the programs offered by Delta Center. (This includes conducting group presentations for outreach.)
10. Develop working knowledge of various benefits systems, such as Vocational Rehabilitation, Medicare, Medicaid, Division of Health and Senior Services, Social Security and others. Assist consumers in navigating these systems and advocating for services to meet their needs.
11. Develop working knowledge of disability related laws such as ADA, Fair Housing Act, Olmstead decision and familiarity with agencies regulating compliance.
12. Conduct intakes, evaluations, training sessions and home visits in individual consumers’ homes, many of which are not accessible.
13. Assist consumers in developing skills necessary for independent living, including:
• accessing public transportation, cooking, budgeting, etc.;
• supervisory skills necessary to recruit, hire, train and manage personal care attendants;
• organizational skills necessary to maintain documentation for benefits, including CDS.
14. Assist consumers in accessing appropriate adaptive equipment, medical supplies, home modifications, and ramps and in acquiring funding for same.
15. Support consumer efforts to improve accessibility for persons with disabilities in their community and homes.
16. Regular and on-going contact with consumers consistent with program standards and Center policy to ensure that program guidelines are followed.
17. Immediately report any health or safety concerns regarding consumers to the proper authority.
18. Advocate for the collective needs of people with disabilities; assist consumers in filing complaints and resolving disability-related issues; write letters, make calls or deliver testimony concerning proposed legislation that affects people with disabilities.
19. Maintain personal paperwork including mileage records.
20. Attend regional trainings, meetings.
21. Check and respond to voice mail from remote locations.
22. Other duties or projects as assigned by Director of Services or Executive Director.
Qualified applicants will meet the following criteria:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must have access to transportation with a 48 hour advance notice.
Must have a Bachelor’s Degree and 1 year full-time relevant paid job experience OR 60 hours’ college credit and 3-5 years relevant full-time paid experience.
All interested parties should e-mail resume to email@example.com. For information about the services provided by Delta Center, please visit our website at www.dcil.org
Delta Center values diversity of culture, personal experience with disabilities, and other life experiences, and is an equal opportunity employer by choice.